It has been quite a year so far. I have earned my master of photography degree from the Professional Photographers of America. The master of photography degree is not merely a piece of paper. It means that I have met the standards of excellence set by PPA. I was awarded this degree in recognition of my superior photographic competence demonstrated through photographic competition, advanced education and service to the profession. Below are the prints that I entered into the competition to earn my master degree. I just want to thank you, my clients for helping me earn the master of photography degree. Without you, there would be no me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Professional Photographers of America(PPA) is the largest international nonprofit association created by professional photographers, for professional photographers. Almost as long-lived as photography itself, PPA's roots date back to 1869. The nonprofit assists more than 28,500 members through protection, education and resources for their continued success. See how PPA helps photographers be more at PPA.com.
Annual Halloween Food Drive
22nd Annual Halloween Food Drive
Saturday - October 22nd
from 9am to 1pm
With your help, we CAN make a difference. Bring in your little trick-or-treater with 2 can goods and
receive a 4x6 portrait in a folder for $10. Refreshments will be served so be sure to knock on our door
for tasty treats and smiles galore. We promise you frightfully good time!!! Appointments are limited.
Call today to schedule your appointment. You can choose one of the following packages.
The Mummy's Tomb - 3-5x7's & 4 Wallets - $35
The Witch's Brew - 1-8x10, 2-5x7's & 8 Wallets - $45
The Skelton's Bones - 1-8x10, 2-5x7's, 4-4x5's & 8 Wallets - $55
Appointments are limited. Call today to schedule your appointment!
Raising a family is hard work, and expensive.
But one of the best rewards is seeing everyone together.
We's like to help you preserve those times of togetherness,
with a family portrait. Family portraits have an important
role in building a family. They are a gift you give yourself,
your children and generations to come.
Great family portraits are a tradition with us.
Why not call now for a no obligation appointment?
Capture those memories that are soon forgotten with a family portrait.
Call today before all of the popular days are taken.
PORTRAITS ARE FOREVER!!!
What a surprise I received in today's mail. I had to share this with you. I received this lovely certificate from the Waterbury Observer. It was such an honor to be named the Best Photographer in Waterbury once again. Thank you to all of you for your votes. It means the world to me. THANK YOU!!!!
For the second year in a row, I received the Portrait Photographer of the Year Award for the most points accumulated during the year from print competition. Also for the third year in a row, I received the prestigious PPA Certified Professional Photographer Award, which is given to the highest scoring print by a certified professional photographer at the recently held Connecticut Professional Photographers Association (CTPPA) convention in Rocky Hill. The award was given for her fine art portrait titled, “Stella and Lola”. . More than 100 prints were submitted for anonymous judging by a visiting panel comprised of professional photographers from different states who have achieved the Master Photographer designation.
I have reaffirmed my status as an elite photographer, once again earning the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) designation from Professional Photographers of America (PPA). My mantle at the studio needs to be a bit bigger. Oh well!!! #ppa #portraitphotographer #Ctphotographer #pets
Come Celebrate Mom at Uniquely Yours Photography
Mom is the center of the family
from giving you the greatest hugs to saving the day.
She is the thread that holds it all together.
She's the heart of the home.
Join us at our studio for your mini-session with your family.
Choose from our unique product collections.
Reserve a time between 9:30am to 5:30pm
from Saturday-May 14th to Saturday -May 21st
for a fun photo session in honor of Mother's Day!
Call today and receive a complimentary session
with a 6 image smartphone app.*
PORTRAITS ARE FOREVER!!!
* A retainer of $100 is due when you reserve your session
Choosing a photo shoot location might seem like a big deal but it really doesn't have to be difficult. A location usually drives some of the other decisions you will need to make about your shoot so it’s important to choose the right place. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before you decide on a location:
1. What kind of theme do I want? If a particular building or natural backdrop would work well with your theme, look around your area for spots that meet your requirements. If you don't know what kind of backdrop you want, take an afternoon drive around your city for inspiration. It's easy to overlook beautiful spots that are practically in your backyard. Ask family, friends or your photographer for ideas too.
2. Are you allowed to take pictures there? Make sure that you can legally take pictures at the location that you have in mind. If it's not public property or available to the public you will need to get permission first.
3. Is it accessible? Consider that not all outdoor locations may be available all year round or you might not be able to get to them at all. Your safety is also an important aspect to think about before you decide on a location. Taking pictures on a mountain ledge may look neat but it’s best not to put yourself in harm’s way.
4. How do you get to your location? Will it be easy to walk to the session location and if not, are you able to change your clothing and touch up your hair and makeup before the shoot? You should also find out whether there is a restroom that’s close enough in case you need it.
5. Will the photo session be in a public place? If the location you have chosen has a lot of foot traffic, you need to ask yourself whether you are comfortable being photographed in front of others. If not, you might want to rethink your choice in location
Make sure that your location doesn’t become a distraction and that there is shelter nearby if you need it. Your location tells a story so it’s worthwhile to choose a meaningful spot.