If you’re preparing for a photo session with your children, you may be feeling a bit apprehensive. Children aren’t always easy to deal with, which is why the below tips will definitely come in handy before your upcoming photo session.
1. Don't make a huge deal out of it. If you're stressed out and cranky, your kids will usually pick up on it and act accordingly. Their behavior will usually be better if you are relaxed and having fun. You may have to make some compromises to keep the peace such as letting your energetic daughter's hair stay straight instead of curling it into because she won't sit still. Focus on the big picture and don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Make it fun. Let the kids have a couple “fun pictures” where they get to pick their own pose or props. You get to keep the more serious photos while they get to keep their silly photos. This way everyone wins. If you are struggling to get your kids to sit still, turn the photo session into a game. Simon Says usually works like a charm.
3. Be prepared. If you're going to be out for several hours, ensure that your children are well rested and have had their nap. Bringing some snacks and activities along is also a great idea. If you are having your own photos taken too then you might want to bring a babysitter or family member along to watch the kids. If you happen to be shooting in a remote location, you never know when you might need something like bug spray, tissues or a first aid kit so bring that along too.
4. Be patient. Save your sanity by trying not to control the photo session too much. Sometimes the best photos come from kids just doing their own thing. Work with your photographer and your photos will look fantastic.
5. Have a chat. Get your children talking to both you and the photographer about topics such as school or their favorite songs. This allows them to feel more comfortable around your photographer and will also give your photographer a chance to capture a few candid and cute expressions.
It's a New Year!!! Time to update your business portrait. Don't do it yourself. Get a professional business portrait that you can use on your Linkedin account, on your facebook profile photograph, on your website, on your business cards or for your press releases to annoucne your promotion or new job. What better time than now to get that professional portrait. On Wednesday-Janurary 27th- YPOWR(Young Professionals of Waterbury Region) will be holding their monthly Networking Social at Pies and PInts in Waterbury from 5:30 to 7:30. I will be there with my equipment to photograph your professional business portrait. Here are a few samples to check out.
Come join us for our Fourth Annual Valentine Mini Session. Have your child/children dressed in their favorite Valentine Outfit and get a photograph taken with our two adorable bears (Oliver and Bella). Our mini session includes a 15 minute session with one outfit and a Valentine theme backdrop. The background in the photograph is this year's Valentine Day background. Call today to schedule your appointment - spaces are limited. The following special Valentine Day packages will be available for purchase:
The Cupid: The Mini Photographic Session with 3-5x7's, 4 Wallets - $40
The Sweetheart: The Mini Photographic Session with 1-8x10, 2-5x7's, 12 Wallets - $50
The Be Mine: The Mini Photographic Session with 1-8x10, 2-5x7's, 4-4x5's, 16 Wallets - $65 (for an additional $35 receive the digital file)
You can also add a cute storyboard portrait with one of the above packages that has 4 images of the child/children holding the letters(LOVE) with a lovely black frame for $95.
Thanksgiving is the act of giving thanks. I would like to take this time to tell you how grateful I am for all your trust and continuous support year after year. We all have so much to be thankful this Thanksgiving. May this Thanksgiving be a special blessing to you and your loved ones. Please be safe and enjoy your Thanksgiving with family and friends.
A reminder: Saturday-November 28th is SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY. What better way to say thank you but to support your local small businesses on Saturday. By shopping locally, you support your local community who supports local fund raisers and charities with donations because we care. Support your local stores so we can continue to be a part of your community. We all do our best to offer great products and service.
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.
Uniquely Yours Photography
FYI- If you are traveling on I84 East near Exit 22 in Waterbury, check on the following billboard. Yours truly photographed the family that was put on the billboard.
I had the pleasure to photograph Ashley & Craig's wedding 2 years ago and when Ashley called to say they were expecting their first, I was honored to not only photograph their maternity photographs but also newborn photographs of Camden. I had so much fun. Hope you enjoy the photographs as much as I did.
This year, I would like to start a new tradition at Uniquely Yours Photography for the months of September and October. In April, I hit a milestone birthday and it made me look back into my life. I realized that between family members, friends and myself, I have known quite a few people with cancer that have survived and ones that have not. I have always wanted to do something, so with September being Childhood Cancer Awareness month and October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I would like to donate $50 from every session to Cancer and hope that with your help we can make a difference. Help me raise $1000.00. Spread the news to your family and friends. A great opportunity to get an updated family portrait.
Family is everything to me. With autumn just around the corner, what better way to celebrate your family than through a family portrait?
Time passes by us so quickly. Let us help you preserve those memories with this special offer.
Take a moment to Celebrate your family. Your family is unique ... like the memories you create so that is why I am offering several different locations for you to choose from to fit your family style and schedule. We can do something tradition or we can just go out and have fun. Let us come up with something different for you. Schedule your session on one of the following days and receive the photographic session with 10 edited digital images for $295 with $50 going to Cancer. A professional wall portrait can be added to your digital collection with 20% going to cancer or add Holiday Cards to your collection with 10% going to cancer.
Make your reservation for one of the following days:
September 26th & 27th - Topsmead in Litchfield
October 3rd - Hubbard Park in Meriden
October 10th & 12th - Southford Falls in Southbury
Remember . . . your family portrait is perfect for holiday gift-giving and holiday cards!
Preserve those cherished memories with a family portrait that will last FOREVER!
BOOK NOW! Sessions are limited, so don't be disappointed. Call today the studio at 203-596-7226.
#FAMILY #TOGETHERNESS #LOVE